lördag 20 december 2014

deal with it

ok, so here's the deal. i might just be a small town gal when it all comes around. i might just be another blonde swede moving to paris, dreaming of love and wine and whatever. i might just be a simple girl with high ambitions of a new life. i might just have pretended to understand for years until i actually did. i might have had a hard time reconstructing my life and adapting to the french society. but. in the end, after seven years all these former statements are my past. my roots. my road towards the future. i grew into something. i discovered a new me, a me that belong here. i grew out if my swedish habits. i do not any more have porridge for breakfast and i find it increasingly horrible. i like to have a glass of wine (or two) with my dinner, even if it occurs almost every day. i complain about everything, nothing is, has been or will ever be good enough. i can not, under any circumstances have my dinner without fresh bread, i freak out. it has gotten to a point where i speak, dream and think in french, simply enough because it's after all, my first language today. i barely have any non-french friends left, they all leave, one by one. i won't.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar